At Country Health Connect we know that staying socially connected to new or old friends helps you maintain independence and improve your health and wellbeing.
Our social activities help people remain connected to their community and to find new ways to get involved. We support people to learn new skills, share experiences and visit new locations.
What activities are available?
One-on-one activities are based on individual interests and can include a visit to the shopping centre, a chat over coffee or getting out for an exercise class.
Group activities available at our day centres include:
- art groups
- exercise groups
- technology tips
- movie groups
- bus tours
- groups for men including men’s shed opportunities
- groups for women
- cooking groups
- activities for people living with dementia
- respite groups
Transport is available on request and people living with dementia or who require assistance with mobility are always welcome.
Transport options include:
- a Country Health Connect team member can take you to an appointment or out shopping
- a Country Health Connect bus can pick you up and take you to one of our day activities
- taxi vouchers can be secured for your use if you are on a home care package.
To find out more about our transport services please call 1800 944 912.